From Friday 16 to Sunday 18 December 2016, La Cité du Vin will be sporting the colours of Austria for a weekend and is inviting you on the trip. In the run-up to Christmas, in a friendly and festive atmosphere, take off for a discovery of Austrian vineyards and their iconic wines!
Intimate tasting sessions with a duo of the Best Sommeliers in the World, a friendly wine match between France and Austria, musical performances, discovery conferences...there’ll be plenty of opportunities to discover and taste all the riches of Austrian winegrowing.
Violins, accordion, double bass...the Austrian quartet Die Tanzgeiger offer a unique musical experience based on the Austrian repertoire. From original renderings of the Viennese waltzes, polkas and other dances composed by Strauss, to Alpine yodels, Hungarian gipsy music and Slavic melodies, let yourself be carried away by the joie de vivre, the power, the humour and the virtuosity of this famous quartet.
- Rudolf Pietsch - violin
- Walter Burian - violin
- Volker Gallasch - accordion
- Elisabeth Gross-Paul - double bass
Musical performance followed by an informal tasting of Austrian wines.
- Schlumberger, Weinviertel, Sekt, Grüner Veltliner, 2014
- Weingut Cobenzl, Wien, Wiener Gemischter Satz, DAC Reisenberg 2014
- Rotweine Lang, Mittelburgenland DAC Reserve, 2013
- Weingut Hirtl, Weinviertiel DAC, 2015
- Weingut Autrieth, Niederösterreich, Ruster Ausbruch/ GV Eiswein 2015
In partnership with Osterreich Wein