Foundation for wine culture and civilisations
Why support Cité du Vin
Cité du Vin is funded entirely by its own resources (ticket and shop sales, private hire) and by financing from patronage: a business model unique among French cultural institutions.
Patronage donations help to develop Cité du Vin’s annual cultural programme (temporary exhibitions, events, workshops etc.) and renew investment in the permanent exhibition.
Become a patron of Cité du Vin and help fund the Foundation’s cultural offerings by supporting one or more activities that are close to your heart: conference or tasting workshop series, temporary exhibitions, updating the permanent exhibition, or projects promoting accessibility, to name but a few.
Donor, friend and benefactor
Everyone can participate in the cultural influence of Cité du Vin.
On a personal level, you can contribute to the development of a rich and varied cultural programme throughout the year. Thanks to your donations, we are able to promote the diversity of the universal heritage of wine every day.
Several levels of donation are possible, free donation or Friend or Benefactor subscriptions, which give you access to numerous advantages.
Would you like to choose the amount of your donation? You can make a donation of any amount from 5€ on our secure online donation platform. Benefit from tax reduction* and be thanked as a donor on our website. Your generosity is precious to us.
*Tax receipt sent for all donations over 11€.
The Friend’s Card entitles you to all the benefits of the Solo Season Ticket and much more:
- You benefit from all the advantages of the Solo Season Ticket. These need to be listed, as nothing is mentioned on this page
- You are invited to events at Cité du Vin with a person of your choice:
- One event from the cultural programme (choose from a selection of events)
- Opening events for temporary exhibitions
- You are entitled to an income tax rebate of 66% on the amount of your donation, and up to 75% if you are liable for wealth tax.
- The Friend's Card is awarded for donations of €200 or more. Including the Solo Season Ticket at €48 and a tax rebate of €165 on your income tax, the actual cost is €68
The Ami card is not currently available for sale.
By subscribing to the Benefactor’s Card, you benefit from all the advantages of the Friend’s Card, and an accompanying guest can also benefit from the same each time that you visit.
The Benefactor’s Card is awarded for donations of €500 or more. Including a season ticket at €65 and a tax rebate of €330 on your income tax, the actual cost is €170.
You can obtain your Friend’s or Benefactor’s Card at the cash desk or from the Patronage Service of Cité du Vin.
The Benefactor card is not currently available for sale.
Each patron supports part of the cultural season for the current year or the year to come. Depending on the amount of your donation, you can be associated with a theme of your choice from amongst Cité du Vin’s various cultural offerings.
Patronage to suit you:
- Be associated with a universal cause, a culture and a way of life dating back millennia
- Share your commitment with your staff
- Have your company’s image associated with that of Cité du Vin
- Get involved in the life of Cité du Vin and invite your teams, contacts and clients
- Meet other active patron companies
- Benefit from tax rebates thanks to your patronage: every donation is deductible from corporation tax at a rate of 60%, up to 5% of company turnover (Art. 238a of the French General Tax Code).
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
American Friends of la Cité du Vin
Join the New-York-based group devoted to supporting Cité du Vin.
The American Friends of la Cité du Vin, a sister entity of the Foundation for wine culture and civilisations, was created in the USA and granted tax approval by the American government on 31 July 2014.
The mission of the American Friends is to promote Cité du Vin in the United States and showcase our shared cultural and universal heritage of wine. Its initial task was to collect donations from American patrons to fund the Thomas Jefferson Auditorium. Since Cité du Vin opened, its mission has also been to support the cultural seasons presented to the public each year.
Directrice du mécénat et du développement
1, esplanade de Pontac - 33300 Bordeaux - FRANCE